Titusville Car Accident Lawyers
Helping Injured Motorists in Titusville, FL
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident is traumatic enough on its own. It is an event that can leave you with severe injuries and a significant amount of property damage. When this happens, you may be overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done. You may be unsure of where to turn or what to do next. This is why you should consider hiring an Titusville car accident lawyer.
Ali & Blankner can help you to navigate the legal system and to make the most of your claim. We can help you to secure the compensation you deserve and to move forward with your life.
The genuine care and concern Mr. Ali showed us during a difficult time were very much appreciated. It has been a long journey, however, Mr. Ali and the team at Ali & Blankner have been there with us each step along the way.T.M.
Florida Car Accident Laws
In Florida, you must report any car accident that involves injuries, fatalities, or property damage exceeding $500 to the local police or Florida Highway Patrol. If the police do not investigate the accident, you must complete a "Driver Report of Traffic Crash" form and submit it to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles within ten days of the accident.
Remember, Florida follows a no-fault insurance system for car accidents. This means that after an accident, each driver's insurance company is responsible for covering their medical expenses and other financial losses, regardless of who was at fault in the accident. The minimum required coverage typically includes Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Property Damage Liability (PDL) insurance.
However, there is an exception to the no-fault rule. If a car accident results in serious injuries or death, injured parties may step outside the no-fault system and pursue a claim against the at-fault driver's insurance company.
Lastly, Florida applies a comparative negligence rule, which means that the amount of compensation you may receive can be reduced if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident. For example, if you are deemed 20% at fault and the total damages amount to $10,000, you would only be entitled to recover $8,000 (80% of the total damages).
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur due to various factors, and understanding these common causes is essential for improving road safety. Some of the most prevalent reasons for car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: One of the leading causes of accidents is drivers being distracted by their smartphones, eating, adjusting the radio, or engaging in any activity that diverts their attention from the road.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds reduces a driver's ability to react to unexpected situations and increases the severity of collisions.
- Drunk driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction times, leading to a higher risk of accidents.
- Reckless or aggressive driving: Tailgating, frequent lane changes, running red lights, and disregarding traffic rules can all contribute to accidents.
- Weather conditions: Adverse weather like rain, snow, ice, or fog can make roads slippery and decrease visibility, leading to accidents.
- Fatigue: Driving while tired or drowsy can impair a driver's attention and reaction times, similar to driving under the influence.
- Inexperienced drivers: Novice drivers often lack the necessary skills to handle challenging situations, making them more susceptible to accidents.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, and lack of proper road maintenance can contribute to accidents.
- Mechanical failures: Faulty brakes, tire blowouts, or other vehicle malfunctions can lead to accidents if not addressed promptly.
- Failure to obey traffic laws: Running stop signs, not yielding the right of way, and disregarding traffic signals significantly increase the risk of collisions.
- Tailgating: Following other vehicles too closely reduces the driver's ability to react in time to sudden changes in traffic flow.
How Our Titusville Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a car accident, you may be unsure of where to turn. You may be unsure of what to do next. You may not know how to navigate the legal system. This is why you should consider hiring an Titusville car accident lawyer. Our team at Ali & Blankner can help you to secure the compensation you deserve. We can help you to navigate the legal system and to make the most of your claim. Let us help you to move forward with your life.