Titusville Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured in an Accident Caused by Negligence in Titusville, FL?
At Ali & Blankner, we know how difficult it can be to recover from an injury. We also know how difficult it can be to live with the uncertainty of what the future holds. Our Titusville personal injury attorneys are here to help.
Our team knows how insurance companies work to minimize payouts and maximize profits. We will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
What is Considered a Personal Injury?
Personal injuries are any type of injuries that are sustained by a person as a result of the negligent or wrongful act of another person or company. These injuries can range from mild to severe, but they are all considered personal injuries because they were caused by someone else.
Some of the most common types of personal injury cases include:
- Auto Accidents: These cases involve injuries caused by car, truck, motorcycle, or other motor vehicle collisions. Negligence could be due to speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving, or other factors.
- Slip and Fall: These cases arise when someone is injured on someone else's property due to hazardous conditions, such as wet floors, uneven walkways, or inadequate maintenance.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners can be held liable for injuries caused by their pets if the victim can demonstrate the owner's negligence or the animal's dangerous behavior.
- Medical Malpractice: In medical malpractice cases, injuries result from a healthcare professional's negligence, errors, misdiagnosis, or failure to provide a reasonable standard of care.
- Product Liability: When someone is injured by a defective or dangerous product, such as a faulty appliance, medication, or vehicle part, they may file a product liability claim.
- Nursing Home Abuse: When elderly or vulnerable individuals experience physical, emotional, or financial abuse or neglect in a nursing home or care facility, they may file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Workplace Accidents: If an employee is injured on the job due to unsafe working conditions, negligence, or inadequate safety measures, they may be eligible to pursue a personal injury claim.
- Wrongful Death: These cases arise when someone's death is caused by another party's negligence or intentional actions, and surviving family members seek compensation for their loss.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Personal Injury Case?
In any personal injury case, you will need to prove that the defendant was liable for the injuries you suffered. Liability will depend on the circumstances of your case.
In most personal injury cases, the defendant will be liable if they were negligent. Negligence is defined as the failure to use reasonable care to prevent foreseeable harm to others.
To prove negligence, you will need to show the following elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached that duty
- The breach of duty caused your injuries
- You were injured as a result of their negligence.
If you were injured by a defective product, you may be able to prove that the manufacturer was liable for your injuries. To do this, you will need to prove that the product was defective, that you were using the product as it was intended to be used, and that the defect was the cause of your injuries.
Available Damages in a Florida Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Florida, like in many other states, personal injury claims allow individuals who have suffered harm due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing to seek compensation for their injuries and losses.
When pursuing a personal injury claim in Florida, the following types of damages may be available:
- Medical Expenses: This includes compensation for all past, current, and future medical expenses related to the injury. It covers costs for hospitalization, surgeries, medications, doctor visits, physical therapy, and any other necessary medical treatments.
- Lost Wages: If the injury caused you to miss work, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you lost during your recovery period. Additionally, if your injury results in a decreased ability to work or requires you to take a lower-paying job, you might receive compensation for the loss of future earning capacity.
- Property Damage: In cases where the injury resulted from a car accident or property-related incident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as pain, emotional distress, anxiety, and loss of enjoyment of life, are also recoverable in Florida personal injury claims. These damages are subjective and challenging to quantify, so they typically require skilled legal representation to establish.
Ready to Help You Today
When you have suffered an injury because of the negligence of another person or company, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. At Ali & Blankner, we are dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Dedicated & Experienced Counsel
With over 35 years of experience and thousands of clients helped, Ali & Blankner has the skills, resources, and determination to get you the best possible result.
Fighters & Advocates in the Courtroom
The criminal lawyers in Orlando at Ali & Blankner are aggressive advocates who are willing to do whatever it takes to obtain a favorable resolution. We are committed to defending your rights and protecting your future.
Prosecutor Insight & Knowledge
All of our Orlando criminal attorneys are former prosecutors and understand how the other side thinks. When you work with our team, you get a group of individuals who knows how to prepare and fight a winning case.
Large Firm Results, Small Firm Attention
Our criminal defense team in Orlando understands the ins and out of the legal industry, and we have the infrastructure and resources to handle any case that comes our way. We focus on your case specifically to ensure we get the best result for you.
The genuine care and concern Mr. Ali showed us during a difficult time were very much appreciated. It has been a long journey, however, Mr. Ali and the team at Ali & Blankner have been there with us each step along the way.