Orlando DUI Breath Test Defense
Challenging the Breath Test
Those stopped on suspicion of drunk driving are commonly given a breath test to ascertain their blood alcohol content. It is easy to assume you will be convicted if the officer says your breathalyzer test results are above the legal limit of .08 percent, but this is not clear-cut proof. Instead, you should immediately call Ali & Blankner to get our firm to contest the results of your breath test.
The Orlando DUI lawyers at our firm pride themselves on their professional attitude when it comes to handling DUI cases. Our firm brings 85 years of combined experience to every case we take on and also have insight as former prosecutors. We are fully dedicated to criminal defense and use this drive to obtain positive results for our clients time and time again.
Call out firm at (407) 753-1312 for a free consultation!
Grounds for Contesting Breath Tests
Breathalyzer results are notoriously unreliable, especially compared to blood test results. We can use this to your advantage, employing various defenses to nullify your breath test evidence.
We can challenge the breathalyzer results by striving to prove the following things:
- The officer failed to observe you for 15 minutes before administering the test
- You were not informed of the penalties that come as a result of refusing to take the test
- You were not apprised of your right to an independent medical exam to test your blood alcohol
- The breathalyzer was not shown to have been tested for reliability
The officer was not properly trained on administering such tests
- You were not informed of the test results
- If law enforcement does not administer the test to code, this may be grounds for a dismissal any evidence gathered from this test. Even if the test is performed correctly, the presence of alcohol in your mouth, especially if you have dentures or braces, can give a false reading. The breathalyzer is designed to test the breath from deep in your lungs, which means even burping before the test can drastically alter the results.
Your Case is in Good Hands With Our Former Prosecutors
When you are arrested based on the results of a breath test, you have no need to be anxious—our AV® rated Orlando DUI attorneys can challenge the reliability of the test in court and use our experience to strengthen your defense.
Call our Orlando defense lawyers at (407) 753-1312 to discuss your case and we can begin putting a defense strategy together!
Fighters & Advocates in the Courtroom
The criminal lawyers in Orlando at Ali & Blankner are aggressive advocates who are willing to do whatever it takes to obtain a favorable resolution. We are committed to defending your rights and protecting your future.
Prosecutor Insight & Knowledge
All of our Orlando criminal attorneys are former prosecutors and understand how the other side thinks. When you work with our team, you get a group of individuals who knows how to prepare and fight a winning case.
Large Firm Results, Small Firm Attention
Our criminal defense team in Orlando understands the ins and out of the legal industry, and we have the infrastructure and resources to handle any case that comes our way. We focus on your case specifically to ensure we get the best result for you.
Dedicated & Experienced Counsel
With over 35 years of experience and thousands of clients helped, Ali & Blankner has the skills, resources, and determination to get you the best possible result.